Feature Packs of Powersim Studio
Feature packs are available for users holding a valid Support and Upgrade Agreement (SUA).
Available Features Packs for Studio 9
Powersim Studio 9 Feature Pack 2 was launched in May 2013. The Feature Pack includes the latest Service Release .
Below you can find a list with the major new features of Studio modeling tools. Full information can be found in the version history of Studio 9.
Remember that features from Studio 8 and Studio 7 also are included.
List of new features in Studio 9 Modeling tools
- NEW: Introduced a SAMPLERUNS function that lets you keep resulting values of an expression for each run; as many elements as there are runs (RUNRANGE).
- NEW: Functions that let you calculate percentiles for a given sample; ARRPERCENTILE, ARRPERCENTILEINC, and ARRPERCENTILEEXC.
- NEW: Studio now has support for file recovery when a critical event occurs.
- NEW: You may configure Studio to automatically save project files.
- Introduced Placeholders in Studio; useful when texts are repeated several places. Create a placeholder containing that text, and refer to the placeholder instead.
- Introduced new functions related to Databases; DBRANGE, DBRANGEDATA; DBPIVOTDATA that amongst other allows to extract data at run-time*.
- Introduced the Create and Save Excel Document action.
- A new platform version of Powersim Studio targeting 64-bit Windows is now available, allowing for larger models and increased simulation performance.
- PREMIUM: The maximum number of elements per variable can now be increased to a maximum of 10,000,000 elements.
- The amount of memory used to store all elements of all variables in the active simulation is now displayed in the Statistics page of the Project Information dialog (maximum 192 GB).
- It is now possible to have up to 1,000,000 runs in a simulation.
- A presentation in Powersim Studio can now have sidekick windows that allow you to add new visual elements and more dynamics to your presentations.
* These features are available to Studio Premium and Studio Enterprise
Available Features Packs for Studio 8
The downloads above will upgrade your current version of Studio 8 or Studio 8 SDK with the latest available feature pack. All feature packs contain features available from previous feature packs. The downloads also include the latest service release for the product!
For more information on Powersim Software's line of products, click here.
List of features for all Studio 8 Modeling tools
- New possibilities for ranges make working with arrays easier;
- ENTERPRISE: Dynamic ranges allows the end user to add elements to an array
- Element names can be shared among enumeration ranges
- Use free-text element names in enumeration ranges, which is also available for Database datasets
- RUNRANGE gives a dimension that corresponds to all runs
- PIVOTSUM to sum across dynamic dimensions
- Four new Statistical functions, for Normal and Triangular distributions
- Three new functions that return ranges for the time series of corresponding Series Variables
- Studio takes advantage of multi-core processing to run simulations
- Three new window, Precedents and Dependents List and Value Inspector, which let you analyze and edit values of a selected variable
- ENTERPRISE & EXPERT: New actions for the Action button to build advanced sequences of commands and to write stream-lined reports to Excel
- Series variables and start-up variables with special functions to support them.
- New functions; arrayed version of Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return
- Extension of XLDATA function that allows you to read text strings into integer variables
- With the XLDATA function you may now use different Sheets as dimension of a range to read 3-dimensional data in one operation.
Read more about the features in the Version history.
List of features for Studio 8 Developer Suite:
- Supports models created in Studio where Feature Pack 3 features are enabled, see above
- PREMIUM: New property to control dynamic ranges of a simulation project
- The properties give you Precedents and Dependents of variables
- New model variable properties
- New dimensions properties
- Powersim Studio Simulation Engine takes advantage of multi-core processing when running simulations
- New scheme for distribution of software created with the Studio SDK.
Read more about the features in the Version history.
If you want to purchase a SUA, please contact your nearest reseller or Powersim Software directly for a non-binding offer.
Feature Packs Studio 7
Feature packs are available free of charge for users holding a valid Support and Upgrade Agreement (SUA).
List of features for Studio 7 editions:
- For Enterprise users: Monitor the performance of your model to improve its simulation speed. Also featuring the Database Dataset allowing the user to collect data from and write back to any relational database, e.g. Microsoft Access and SQL Server, Oracle.
- For Enterprise and Expert users: Action button that gives access to executing commands, as well as hyperlinks. The Dataset has been improved with several major spreadsheet enhancements!
- For all users: Funtion Indicators give instant information when looking at your model diagrams. The Scatter Graph has been improved with several enhancements!
Available Features Packs
The downloads above will upgrade your current version of Studio 7 or Studio 7 SDK with the latest available feature pack for Studio 7.